I remember there was a challenge on Facebook that sounded like „Top 10 books that have changed your life”. Well, I think this is one of the best things I took from Facebook.
To choose 10 books from all those that you’ve read so far! That seems impossible! It can take an eternity and I think this wouldn’t be enough. But I will surely try to choose 10. 🙂
Note: Some of the books on my list are written by Romanian authors, so if I don’t find the titles in English, I will write them in Romanian.
1. „Harry Potter”, J. K. Rowling. Because forever. Because it taught me more than any other book existing on this planet.
2. „Living to tell the Tale”, G. G. Marquez. Because it taught me how to fight.
3. „La Medeleni”, Ionel Teodoreanu. It showed me how beauty and tenderness looked like. Fight and ambition. It taught me that our lives exist as long as we want it to exist. If we choose to die, we do it before death comes.
4. „Alone in the World”, Hector Malot. I was a kid when I read it. And it changed me a lot. It is a book of a beautiful, pure and unique innocence.
5. „Pe firul de păianjen al memoriei”, Cella Serghi. It is kinda translated like: „On the memory’s spider spread”. It was near me during hard periods and whispered a lot of things. I’m still thinking and analizing them, as they are of a rare depth.
6. „Norwegian Wood”, Haruki Murakami. Because of reasons. Personality.
7. „1984”, George Orwell. Well. This book should be on most of the tops, because it represents a fear of the humanity. An obedience people don’t talk about. It is one of the bravest books I’ve ever read.
8. „Life on a Station Platform”, Octavian Paler. I used to be afraid of loneliness, but Paler taught me not to be afraid of anything.
9. „Lorelei”, Ionel Teodoreanu. Here I learnt how to love and appreciate.
10. „On the Road”, Jack Kerouac. Sincerely, I hated the book from the first 50 pages, but I read it, because I don’t like to start a book and leave it like this. I hated it a whole year till I discovered its true value. I will tell you someday about it.
I’m pretty sure that, in some month, my list will change, because there are so many books and I never stop reading.
Ţi-aş propune şi ţie, drag cititor, să încerci să întocmeşti o listă cu cele 10 cărţi care te-au marcat şi să ne spui şi de ce.
I suggest you to try and make your own list. It is very interesting for you and I will read it with pleasure.
I’ve chosen some of you to do it, if you like it:
I can’t wait to see if we have a book in common! Tell me if you decide to do it 🙂
I wish you a great evening and don’t forget to fall in love with the book you are reading!